Monday, January 16, 2012

The story of the Guests

For this wedding, I want to focus on the smaller story within the big one! This blog is post is not going to be about the bride and groom, the details, or the place but rather taking a look at the guests that come, in particular one very creative man! During the "down-time" of the reception, I wandered around to take some photos of the guests. I began talking with one of the tables and ask an older gentleman if he was really doing what I thought he was doing, which was writing on a napkin! His wife waved me over and he smiled and showed me his beginning work of changing the "I do" on the napkin to several different phrases! I had to laugh as I saw the creative way that these guests were entertaining themselves while waiting on dinner to finish.



This charming man informed me that he and one other man were seeing what phrases they could come up with. They realized that it would be some time before the bride and groom could come over, and they were happily keeping themselves entertained!


Near the end of the night, I had to go back and see how many napkins and phrases they came up with! I was thrilled to find a whole bunch more equaling more reasons for me to giggle as I read them!


Now, he didn't just write on napkins. His wife also made sure he took some time from his "artwork" to go and dance! The two of them on the dance floor made a very cute couple!


And while they were dancing, I was able to vote on my personal favorite napkin phrase of the night! Which was this one! It was super creative and made me laugh the hardest! 



These details were not a planned part of the bride's decoration, but it shows the fun and playfulness that each person at a wedding has! As a photographer, it is easy to miss things like this because so many different things are going on, but I love to take time and really look at the stories of the people who come to a wedding because they have been included for a reason! Life is made up of small details, we just need to take the time to enjoy them!!!!

No comments:

Wedding Photography

Wedding Photography
here is a little self-promotion piece I did for school.

The Second Page

The Second Page

Santiago's Best Buddy Program

Santiago's Best Buddy Program